Lentil Soup, my go to lunch time soup
If you want to add different curry pastes or powder, try what you have and you’ll get a different flavour every time. Reduce the water right down, and you can use this as a pasta sauce. You’ll need to watch it carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn. I haven’t tried it yet, when I do, I’ll tell you how much water to use
- 70 g onion chopped
- 100 g carrots scrubbed and chopped (no need to peel)
- 250 g red lentils
- 1 tblsp oil
- Saute the onion and carrots in the oil until soft.
- Add the red lentils and a litre of water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. Click here to start a 20 minute timer
- Whizz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser, or leave as it is.
- Add more water if the soup is thicker than you would like
Got a great recipe? How about submitting it to appear on Thrifty Lesley!
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together the meal planners, Lesley surveyed what was needed. Of the existing 14 meal plans, most are for 2 people so can be sized up or down. Others are for 1, or 4 people