Pea Soup, from Meal Plan 1
Add a sprig or two of mint if you have any. Some big butter beans would be delicious in this, adding extra protein too
This is from Meal Plan 1, a complete 7 day plan for 2 adults. Containing 3 meals a day, plus snacks , all recipes and a shopping list
- 250 g peas
- 100 ml milk
- 15 g flour
- 20 ml veg oil
- Simmer the peas in 500ml water for about 15 minutes.
- Click here to start a 15 minute timer
- Whizz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser until smooth.
- Make a paste with the flour and oil and stir into the soup.
- Whizz again and simmer very gently for a minute a two to cook off the flour.
- Stir in the milk. Use plant milk and your soup will be vegan
- Season with salt and pepper
Got a great recipe? How about submitting it to appear on Thrifty Lesley!
Take care of your family and your budget
Before putting together the meal planners, Lesley surveyed what was needed. Of the existing 14 budget meal plans, most are cheap meals for 2 people so can be sized up or down. Others are cheap family meals for 4 people, or meals for one