Pea Soup, from Meal Plan 1
Add a sprig or two of mint if you have any. Some big butter beans would be delicious in this, adding extra protein too
This is from Meal Plan 1, a complete 7 day plan for 2 adults. Containing 3 meals a day, plus snacks , all recipes and a shopping list
- 250 g peas
- 100 ml milk
- 15 g flour
- 20 ml veg oil
- Simmer the peas in 500ml water for about 15 minutes.
- Click here to start a 15 minute timer
- Whizz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser until smooth.
- Make a paste with the flour and oil and stir into the soup.
- Whizz again and simmer very gently for a minute a two to cook off the flour.
- Stir in the milk. Use plant milk and your soup will be vegan
- Season with salt and pepper
Got a great recipe? How about submitting it to appear on Thrifty Lesley!